Self-approving and Escalating approval flows can be assigned to any app at SetupHub Approval Flows.
With escalating approval flows everyone along the flow:
up to the final approver, has to approve the PO. Once the final approver approves, the PO is Confirmed.
Is required to take ‘responsibility’ for the PO and approve it.
This means everyone along the flow up to the final approver with the limit, has to take responsibility for the PO for it to progress along the flow. The approval flow is transparent. The PO is not approved until the final authorization is made. This way senior management take comfort that those in the approval flow are taking responsibility for the PO by “authorising” the expense. As the PO moves through the flow its status is progressing. The PO is not approved until the final person in the flow with the appropriate limit approves the PO, at which time the status of the PO changes to confirmed.
Create & Edit approval flows
Three steps to create an approval flow:
1. Add Approval Flow Name
Insert Approval Flow name click add.
2. Assign Approvers to Approval Flow Name
- Approval flow from the dropdown list.
- Approval level 1 from the dropdown list and enter the approval limit if applicable. Insert zero if the user has no discretion to approve a PO.
- Approver name & backup approver name from the dropdown list.
Repeat the second step if you want to add more levels to the selected approval flow.
The currency of the approval flow is the currency of the Organisation.
3. Assign Approval Flow
Approval flows can be assigned to:
- Users or
- Either Category, Item, Ledger, Project or Supplier
To assign approval flows to users:
- Select App (for example PurchaseHub).
- Check the checkbox ‘Assign directly to user'.
- Select the username from the dropdown list.
- Select the approval flows available from the left-hand side list. Selected approval flow will be moved to right-hand side under the section Users Assigned Approval Flow.
- Review the details and click Save.
The approval flow is successfully assigned to the staff.
If Category, Item, Ledger, Project or Supplier is selected, allocate the approval flows. If you add a new category, item, ledger, project, or supplier and you do not allocate an approval flow it will automatically default to the last loaded approval flow.