Special considerations apply where one of the parties to a contract is a minor (a person under 18 years of age). A contract might not be enforceable against a minor, especially if it includes terms that are unfair to the minor. But the rules are different in each state and territory and you should get advice on the issue if it applies to you.
Articles in this section
- Can I contract with a Minor?
- Is there an arrangement for settling disputes?
- Does it set out how and when payments will be made?
- Does it contain a detailed description of products or services or responsibilities?
- Does the contract include important basic information?
- Do you understand all the clauses?
- Are the Parties’ individual status clear?