A sham arrangement is where an employer attempts to disguise an employment relationship as an independent contracting arrangement. This is usually done to avoid paying employee entitlements such as superannuation, workers’ compensation, leave, and certain taxes.
Articles in this section
- What is a Period Contract?
- How can I clarify whether I should use a Independent Contract or an Employment Contract?
- What are Sham Contracting Arrangements?
- To determine which contract I should use, what are the key elements of each type of relationship?
- Is a independent contractor a employee and hence require a employment contract?
- What is Independent Contracting?