Good preparation is essential for successful negotiation. It will give you more confidence to negotiate and improve your chances of getting an outcome that works for you. Learn about the other party’s business before you begin negotiations. Their website, if they have one, is a good place to start. What do they produce? Who is their market? What are their strengths and weaknesses? But most of all, make sure you have a clear idea of what you want from the contract.
Articles in this section
- How can I improve my negotiation skills?
- I am negotiating with a foreign company and they do not speak English. What should I do?
- What is Heads of Agreement?
- How should I record the negotiations?
- What is important about the terms?
- What should I Understand before I commence negotiations?
- Have should I behave?
- What should I do before I commence Negotiations?
- Why should I negotiate the contract?